Important Home Preparations
In order to produce our best work, we need your help preparing the home so that it looks as good as possible. Below you will find a list of suggested, yet important and impactful, preparations to make to the home before we arrive. For aerial shoots, the steps below are critical to ensure the safety of the operation. We very much appreciate your help and cooperation in getting these done prior to our arrival. Thank you for the opportunity to work with you.
- Remove and put away any clutter, toys, clothes, etc.
- Thoroughly vacuum and dust.
- Turn on all lights (under cabinets, vent hood, general interior, closets, bathrooms, recessed cans, accent, sconces, chandelier, lamps, book shelves, etc.). The more lighting the better.
- Open all blinds.
- Wipe off the countertops and put away “loose” items (like mixers and coffee makers).
(Exterior and aerial shoot)
- Remove all vehicles from driveway.
- Water all vegetation the night or morning before the scheduled shoot.
- Remove any pets or animals.
- Turn on all lights (accent, porch, deck, landscaping, driveway, etc.).
- Remove any children’s toys or loose articles placed around the yard.
- Wipe down any outdoor furniture.
- Remove any construction materials from the yard (tarps, bricks, concrete blocks,
- We highly recommend cleaning the windows (especially if you’ve scheduled a sunset shoot).
- Turn off all Wi-Fi devices (routers, modems, wireless cameras, baby monitors), and leave them off until the end of the shoot.
- If the homeowners will be present, instruct them to avoid using any microwaves during the shoot.